Friday, July 13, 2012

Gun Treaty

This is a response I recieved from signing the gun treaty petition and writing my representatives in Texas.

Dear Friend:
Thank you for contacting me regarding the United Nations Small Arms Treaty. I welcome your thoughts and comments.
I support Senator Jerry Moran (R-KS) in his efforts to prevent any taxpayer funds from being expended in support of negotiation of this United Nations treaty. Last year, I signed a letter to President Barack Obama, along with many of my colleagues, expressing strong opposition to the U.S. even being a party to negotiations.
Any treaty would need two-thirds of the Senate in order to be approved. Although my term in the Senate ends in January 2013, I do not foresee the necessary Senate support to achieve ratification, even if the Obama Administration elects to move forward.
I appreciate hearing from you, and I hope that you will not hesitate to contact me on any issue that is important to you.
Sincerely,
Kay Bailey Hutchison
United States Senator
284 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
202-224-5922 (tel)
202-224-0776 (fax)

No comments:

Post a Comment