Sunday, July 29, 2012

POOFNESS

POOF 7/29/12: A Promise Is A Promise,
THAT'S ALL FOLKS!!!

                                                  I left my home in Norfolk Virginia

California on my mind

I straddled that Greyhound

And rode on into Raleigh

And on across Caroline


                                         We had motor trouble that turned into a struggle

Halfway across Alabam'

Well that hound broke down and left us all stranded

In downtown Birmingham


                                          Right away I brought me a through train ticket

Ridin' across Mississippi clean

And I was on that midnight flyer out of Birmingham

Smoking into New Orleans


                                                Somebody help me get out of Louisiana

Just to help me get to Houston Town

There are people there who care a little about me

And they won't let the poor boy down


                                              Sure as your born they bought me a silk suit

Put luggage in my hand

And I woke up high over Albuquerque

On a jet to the promised land


                                                  Working on a T-bone steak a la carte

Flying over to the golden state

Ah when the pilot told us in thirteen minutes

He would set us at the terminal gate


                                                     Swing low chariot come down easy

Taxi to the terminal zone

Cut your engines and cool your wings

And let me make it to the telephone


                                                   Los Angeles give me Norfolk Virginia

Tidewater four ten o nine

Tell the folks back home this is the promised land calling

And the poor boy is on the line
 
 
Greetings and Salutations;
 
Not much I will say, in a public forum. Work is done and it's all over but the shouting. The skies have been rumbling and the weather forecasts rain on all the crops. A harvest for the world, as it were.
 
Reagan's appointee can finally take a much needed vacation from the labors and I can go sit my butt on a nice beach and drink umbrella drinks...and never speak of this change over again.

It'll make into the history books, called, "After the World moved On" or "Before the World moved On"...depending on your taste.

Leading up to it is recent article that lets you see, the secret's out. Now the real work begins.

Last but not least, hold on to your shorts, it's coming and Man, is it Huge.
Love and Kisses,
Poofness




No comments:

Post a Comment